Fri, 11 Feb|
Pear rope event
Queer Gym and Queertied are organizing the peer rope event for the 2nd time. The event is open to everyone. For people who have been familiar with ropes for years, but also for anyone who is new to it.
Time & Location
11 Feb 2022, 20:00 – 12 Feb 2022, 23:30
Queer Gym, Zoutziedersstraat 20, 3026 EL Rotterdam, Netherlands
About the event
Who is Peer Rope by Queer Gym for?
The peer rope event at Queer Gym is for anyone who wants to buttons or get tied in a safe setting to find the pleasure and confidence in your body and movement.
In addition, it does not matter whether you prefer to tie, to be knotted, only self-tied or all of the above. Whether you are just starting out or have been working for years:
Do you feel at home with the above? Then you are very welcome! Not sure if this suits you? Don't hesitate to send a message to Queer Gym. They will forward your question to Queertied.
What does the Queer Peer rope look like?
With a peer rope, the idea is that everyone can experiment and practice with rope, at their own level, and learn from each other. This can be done alone, with a regular (knot) partner, or with someone you meet on the peer rope. All forms of bondage are encouraged, from self-tying, to practicing on your partner from a book or video tutorial (or explanation from a fellow visitor, of course), from groundwork to suspensions.
We start the evening at 7 pm with a yoga class to warm up and get into your body. If this is not your thing, you can also skip this, of course. Then the peer rope starts, and if you're interested in that, there's a short workshop for beginners with the basics on safety and some knots that you can get started with afterwards.
The location is in a small gymnasium, about fifteen minutes by public transport from Rotterdam CS. We can use the classic wooden climbing frames on the wall, and the place where rings hang are suitable for suspensions. If you don't want to do your floor work directly on the floor, yoga mats are available.
Coffee, tea and soft drinks are available for a small fee; take some chocolate or sugar with you if you think you need it.
The evening will also look like this:
19:00-19:45 rope focused yoga class
20:00 Start Peer Rope
20:00-20:45 Basics for rope beginners (optional)
23:00 End Peer Rope
Rules and guidelines
- We do not accept homophobia, transmisia, racism, able-bodiedism, body-shaming. In other words, anything that goes against creating a safe(r) space for our target group(link to “who is queer peer rope for”). If your behavior inside or outside the peer rope jeopardizes this safety, you may be banned from participating in the events
- Do you feel uncomfortable or unsafe because of the behavior of another visitor? Then come to one of the organizers, even if nothing concrete has happened. We will then keep a closer eye on that person and/or take immediate action (such as a conversation with the other person). We will always handle this discreetly.
- A peer rope is a place to learn from each other. There is no workshop leader, head teacher, people who automatically know better than others (and this also applies to the organizers ;)). There are people with more experience, and people who might enjoy helping others. Be aware of what you know and don't know, and never be afraid to ask others for help (and possibly graciously accepting a "no" if they don't have room for it).
- Consent is a great asset. Do not do things with someone else before you have received active and enthusiastic consent, or before another form of consent (such as blanket consent, CNC) has been agreed.
- Wear what you feel comfortable with. Nude is okay. Just make sure you enter and leave vanilla dressed.
- Sexual acts or extensive bdsm play are not allowed. Of course a tap here and there or use of a crotch rope is no problem, but keep it somewhat PG-13.
- Due to hygiene and costs, we cannot offer a "loan rope". So make sure you have your own ropes. There is possibly a small supply of rope from @Niet-Lief for sale.
- In addition: make sure you have a rescue hook or safety scissors with you.
- Taking photos of your own work is allowed; make sure you also have permission for this, and that there are no others in the photo.
- Because we may come close to each other, we use the corona check app. Nevertheless, in principle we ask our guests to keep their distance and only come close / touch each other with mutual consent.
Peer rope event & introduction
+€0.38 service fee
This ticket includes your entry including the 30 minute rope introduction
+€0.38 service fee0
Pear rope yoga & event
+€0.50 service fee
This ticket includes the rope focused yoga class and the event afterwards.
+€0.50 service fee0
Pear rope event
+€0.30 service fee
This ticket includes the event only
+€0.30 service fee0